Sustainability & Awards
We are proud winners of a Global Good award.
“The awards recognise organisations that are making strides towards
a better world for people, the planet and the global economy and it
is really important to Bax that we are an ethical business; our
drinks are crafted with the planet and our responsibilities to the
natural world in mind. We aim to be as transparent as possible about
our company ethics and undertake sustainable and nature-friendly
practices throughout every stage of production.”
- Closed loop water cooling system means no water is wasted in the distilling process.
- Renewable power energy contract
- Organic botanicals
- Traditional handmade stills, support crafts people in rural Portugal.
- The labels are printed on Bagasse (waste from the sugar industry) by local printers who are committed to an excellent sustainability programme.
- Re-usable or recyclable glass bottles.
- Cleverly designed bespoke cardboard cases and mail-out boxes use minimum cardboard and no plastic infill.
- All made from 100% recycled board.
- Minimum amount of vegetable ink used to brand the boxes.
- The closest suppliers are used for bottling to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Links with local businesses are important for environmental reasons and community.
- We work with suppliers who care about sustainability.
Advertising and spreading the word
- Paper is kept to a minimum and information is shared online.
- Green office uses 100% recycled paper.
- Our display graphics are printed onto fabric made from recycled PET bottles.
- Tasting cups are fully compostable.
- With every decision ethics and environmental sustainability are considered paramount.